To increase blog traffic you need to understand two things, traffic sources and how to direct traffic from each source, and I will show exact examples here.
One important element most bloggers fail to understand in the process of increasing traffic to any web-page, is that they do not understand the traffic sources, they simple use a marketing strategy and wait for the traffic.
Let’s take an example of useless marketing strategies you may use to increase traffic, like article marketing, where webmasters only write article and distribute them to hundreds of article directories, and as a result they get no traffic at all, and today the back links they are getting from those articles also have no value; while if they made some good research before, they may find that posting a good quality article on a related blog with high traffic will generate a good quality of traffic and give them a good backlink.
What I mean from this example is that general article directories are mostly worthless for traffic, and if you can write good quality articles, it is better to use guest blogging as a traffic generation strategy than using article marketing, one related and high traffic blog can get you thousands of visitors to your blog.
But we all know there is a problem most of us hate to face, with article directories it is easy to register an account and start submitting articles, but with blogs you need to contact the owners and ask for submitting an article to their blogs, and most of us have no time to go through this process again and again, but there is always a good solution for any internet marketing problem. And for guest posting there are some networks, and some programs that allow you to submit your article to related blogs that already have traffic and good search engine rankings, best example of such programs are unique article wizard, and Postlinks. You can learn about those programs and other blog traffic programs and tools at Blog traffic article from http://www.arabian-affiliate.com.
Back to how to increase traffic to your blog
Let’s identify the traffic sources out there first and see how to attract traffic from each, you need to be creative and find your own way to attract traffic from each source.
1. Google and other search engines, the best source of highly targeted traffic, and every blogger and webmaster is trying hard and investing thousands of dollars to get some share of the traffic this source provide. There are two ways to attract traffic from search engines, pay per click advertizing, and organic search engine listing with SEO and link building. Both require learning and investment and don’t be mislead to think otherwise.
Some think Pay Per Click (PPC) require only investment, other think SEO require only training, but the truth is both require training, learning and money investment.
2. Guest Posting, we talked a little about this strategy, I still think it’s the best especially for new bloggers, it allow you to tap into high traffic blogs and direct some of their traffic to your own blog, establish an authority with blog readers and allow readers and bloggers to get to know you, and most of all establish a trust through the quality of your writing, if you are a bad writer like me, you may consider a freelancer to write your articles for you.
3. Social networks, I had a great experience selling affiliate offers, and get signups to my newsletter and network marketing opportunities from Facebook, but the direct traffic to my blog is not so good. But you need to be creative and try those social networks because there are millions of users daily hanging out there; especially on Facebook, twitter, and Linkedin.
4. YouTube. It is a very high traffic source; if you can create short videos about your topic you can attract a lot of traffic from YouTube.
5. Bloggers communities, there are some websites that works as a bloggers community where bloggers share their posts and stories like Bloginteract, Blogengage, Blogglue, and Triberr. You can use those communities to share your blogs and establish a relationship with other bloggers.
6. Twitter is a huge traffic source but only if you can always increase your twitter followers and tweets and re-tweets, and for all of that I strongly recommend Just Retweet
To increase blog traffic with targeted and really people who will be interested on what you have, and the topics you are blogging about, you need to be very creative, duplicate what other popular bloggers are doing and at the same time establishing your own unique strategies. By identify the source of traffic you want to tap into, and understanding who are the people visiting this site you can create your own unique strategy to direct some of the traffic from that source to your own blog.
Here are some very interesting related articles I recommend.